Hommel has been supplying high-quality raw materials to the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry for decades. Due to constant reliability, high flexibility and many years of experience Hommel has gained a good reputation for its supply of raw materials worldwide. A well-known customer base could be built up and still relies on a prompt and uncomplicated delivery.
On July 1, 1892, the company Nikolay & CO., owner Dr. Adolf Hommel, is entered in the commercial register at the district court in Hanau am Main. Already 2 years before, Hommel AG was founded in Zurich.
On April 26, 1922, the company headquarters is moved to Altona / Elbe (Hamburg). The entry in the commercial register is made as Dr. Hommel’s Chemische Werke und Handelsgesellschaft mbH.
A trading business and an export division for pharmaceutical raw materials are attached to the pharmaceutical production.
On August 15, 1961, the company headquarters is moved to Müllheim/Baden and moves into a modern new building.
The company name is changed to Chemische Werke Hommel GmbH
The in-house production of pharmaceuticals is abandoned, and in future production will be carried out by contract companies. However, the company still has a limited manufacturing license.
The company celebrates its 100th anniversary.
The company headquarters are moved to Lüdinghausen / North Rhine-Westphalia.
Foundation of Hommel Pharma GmbH & Co. KG. Transfer of the pharmaceutical rights to this company. 110th company anniversary Foundation of HPP-Hommel Pharmaceuticals Produktion GmbH in Barleben (Magdeburg). This company sterilizes steroids by filtration and micronizes under sterile conditions.
In January 2004 the current business of Chemische Werke Hommel GmbH was transferred from Dr. Völkl to his son, Mr. Thorsten-R. Völkl. To continue the current business, Chemische Werke Hommel GmbH & Co.KG was founded.
In December 2006 Chemische Werke Hommel GmbH & Co.KG moved into their new business premises in Lindenstraße – also in Lüdinghausen.
Since September 2010 there is a new virtual address. At www.hommel-chemicals.com a new design has been created. In November the Chemische Werke Hommel GmbH & Co.KG moved again within Lüdinghausen. The new offices are now located in the Robert-Bosch-Straße. On this occasion, the company also decided not to have its own warehouse. Instead, the company is working successfully with a large local forwarding agency.
Move to Waltrop to a new building in the chemical park.